My Comments Policy
Everybody knows blogs are all about a conversation. Here's the thing, without a few simple ground rules, the discussion often becomes a shouting match. Yelling discourages other people from having their say. So here is my comments policy for Rock Solid Info.
By posting on Rock Solid Info, you agree to all of the following:
- Where comments are enabled, you cannot comment without registering. You may log in via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook. It’s your choice. You may not post anonymously.
- Feel free to post follow-up questions. When you have a problem, chances are you are not alone. Other people probably have a similar issue. For that reason, I'll answer your questions and comments on this site. Email responses are for clients of Rock Solid Blogs only.
- I encourage open discussion. However, when you disagree with my opinions or anyone else's, for that matter, please do it in a way that is well-mannered. No name calling. There’s already too much ranting in the public square to put up with it here. So...
- I reserve the right to edit or remove your comments. My blog. My rules. There is no obligation for me to publish your comments here. The First Amendment to the US Constitution gives you the right to voice your opinions on your blog, not mine. Explicitly, I will delete any comments that are, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages other people to breach my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services not approved by Rock Solid Info. You may, however, post a link to your site or your latest blog post.
- You keep ownership of your comments. I do not own them, and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting here, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You give me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video or presentation.
In other words, I aim to host good conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I think this straightforward comments policy will encourage this.
Thanks to Michael Hyatt for the essential content of this section of the page. I appreciate it.